Chavisa Dechathipat (Thailand)
Callaway head / paderson shaft
– PLDA Bash for Cash Canada | Won
– PLDA Connecticut Challenge, USA | 2nd
– PLDA Ladies World Championship, Japan | Sept 7-9th
– Asia Long Drive, Phuket, Thailand | Sept 15-18
– Selected as team captain of Thailand National Team in the International Long Drive Championships in Mexico | November 6-13, 2022.
Because of long drive, I was given an opportunity to stay in the golf industry. To teach golf.
1. When and how did you did you start with long drive?
After I graduated from playing division 1 golf at Wake Forest university, i quit golf… but that’s when my coach from Wake introduced me to Long Drive.
Started training for long drive at the end of 2019 but there weren’t any tournaments during covid. The first legit competition was at the 2021 PLDA World Championship in Mesquite, NV, USA.
2. who do you admire most?
Outside of sport: my parents
Within long drive: Kyle Berkshire
3.what sets you apart from other players?
As for long drivers, I most likely have a higher golf skill than most players out there.
4.how and where do you train?
I have a few places depending on where I am:
-One Stop Power Shop in NC, USA.
-Kohr Golf, MA, USA.
– In Thailand, Its super tough to find a range that allows hitting driver. So I’ll go any where that allows me to practice.
How? I workout 5/6 days a week. I do speed training when I can find a suitable range.
5.in your opinion, what’s the most important skill a good golfer must have?
– That’s a tough question. But I’d say At the highest level of golf, mindset is what will set different players apart.
But as for a skill point for long drive, the ability to find center of the club face and the ability to understand/analyze the flight of the golf ball is what is most important.
6.best moment in career:
Competing in the final with Phillis Meti, who is multiple world champions. And someone I looked up to before I got into the game.
7.worst moment in career:
Less than 5 yards short of winning the world championship in 2021. Same with losing to Phillis meti in Connecticut this year 😄
8.what would you like to accomplish in long drive?
To Inspire more ladies to compete in LD. And to win as many world championship as possible.
9. what inspires you?
Most of the time I am self-motivated. But To inspire the next generation of LD athletesy inspires me to get better too.
PLDA Connecticut Challenge, USA | 2nd